Scott Kingery is a retired Deputy Chief with the Platte Canyon Fire Department. He faithfully served his community and fellow man for 37 years. Scott’s bravery and commitment to protecting the community he lived in placed him at the frontline of some of the most destructive wild fires in Colorado and Bailey History. The fires included the 1996 Buffalo Creek Fire, the Hi Meadow Fire in 2000, and the Hayman Fire in 2002. At the Hi Meadow Fire, Chief Kingery led the first team of firefighters that engaged the blaze.
On February 26th, 2015, Chief Kingery suffered two life threatening brain aneurisms. That night he was only given a 2% chance of survival and ended the day in a coma. Over the following four weeks, Scott underwent 9 separate surgeries and spent three months in three different medical facilities. Medical expenses grew exponentially for him and his family. He has thankfully made great progress, but still has more rehabilitation and struggle ahead of him.
Platte Canyon Fire Department is organizing a fund-raising auction on behalf of Chief Kingery to help with the monumental and mounting expenses that the Kingery family is facing.
How you can Help-
1) Donate an Item to be Auctioned off
- Suggested Items- Fire Memorabilia, guns, antiques, vehicles, art, jewelry, etc.
- Call 720-351-3438 to arrange donation
2) Make a monetary donation
- Checks can be made out to the Scott Kingery Benefit Fund
- Send to First Bank, 30770 Stagecoach Boulevard, Evergreen, CO 80439
3) Come to the auction on August 15th, at Platte Canyon Fire Station 2.
- Viewing starts at 8:00 am
- Auction starts at 10:00 am
- Online viewing HERE